Have you ever imagined yourself as a rock star or a pop idol? If you believe in your imagination, then it’s time to make it real in the “Like Performing Love SONY” contest.
Showcase your singing talent by singing any of our listed songs for a chance to win cash and SONY products worth up to US$4,000.
The grand winner of the “Like Performing Love Sony Contest – be it a group of up to 5 members or a solo act – will get to perform at the Sony’s Year-End Party in Singapore and compete to be the region’s top Sony Idol, who will take home even more cash and Sony products!
WHO CAN JOIN?
The contest is open to Filipinos 18 to 30 years old presently residing in the Philippines, and are currently enrolled in a college or university. Participant may join as a solo act or as a part of group with up to five (5) members.
HOW TO JOIN:
Via The Sony’s Campus Roadshows
Sony will be visiting various colleges and universities to set the stage for your amazing performance. There, you don’t just get to display your talent but you also get singing tips from your favorite Sony Music Philippines artists!
- Come down to any campus roadshow and perform one of Sony’s listed songs
ROADSHOW SCHEDULES: CONTACT PERSONNEL:
September 09, 2011 CEU Centro Escolar University Students Affairs Office or to USC Ofcrs
September 13, 2011 UP University of the Philippines – UP Broadcasting Association
September 14, 2011 DLSU DLSU Culture & Arts Office / DLS-CSB Office of Culture & Arts
September 20, 2011 LPU Lyceum of the Philippines University Arts & Cultural Affairs Office
September 29, 2011 FEU Far Eastern University President’s Committee on Culture
- SONY will record a video of your stage performance using a SONY Handycam, with additional audio recording using the SONY PCM-M10 recorder.
- SONY will then edit and upload the video to the official contest Facebook page (www.facebook.com/SonyPhilippines and/or http://www.sony.com.ph/likemusic). SONY reserves the right to record and upload all performances during the roadshow.
The SONY Cyber-shot will also be used to air the live feed of all performances in the venue.
Via the Sony Facebook App
a) Record a video of your band or yourself performing one of SONY’s listed songs for a minimum of 60 seconds or longer.
LIST OF SONGS:
1. Aretha Franklin – I say a little prayer for you
2. Cyndi Lauper – True Colours
3. Firehouse – Love of a Lifetime
4. Katy Perry – Thinking of You
5. Lady Gaga – Bad Romance
6. Maroon 5 – She Will Be Loved
7. Michael Bublé – Just Haven’t Met You Yet
8. One Republic – Secrets
9. Plain White Tee – Hey There Delilah
10. Sara Bareilles – Love Song
11. Simple Plan – Welcome to my life
12. Sixpence None The Richer – Kiss Me
13. Train – Hey Soul Sister
14. Eraserheads – Alapaap
15. Pupil – Disconnection Notice
16. Rivermaya – Awit ng Kabataan
17. Itchyworms – Penge Naman ako Niyan
18. 6Cyclemind – Sandalan
19. Cueshe – Ulan
20. Letter Day Story – Ikaw Parin
21. Eevee – Larawan
22. Kiss Jane – Baliw
23. Francis Magalona – Kaleidoscope World
Or you can choose to play/sing your original composition. Please await for additional songs for the list above.
b) Submit the video snippet through the contest’s official Facebook page (www.sony.com.ph/likemusic and/or http://www.facebook.com/SonyPhilippines) beginning September 12, 2011.
c) Participants may also upload their videos via Youtube then post the links to their videos on http://www.facebook.com/SonyPhilippines.
HOW TO VOTE:
Family and friends of all participants (both from the roadshows and those who uploaded directly to Facebook or via Youtube), will have to ‘like’ the SONY Facebook page and ‘love’ the submission on Facebook to vote.
Likes on Youtube or any other video-sharing site apart from Facebook will not be counted.
Voting will begin on October 1, 2011 until October 16, 2011.
Voting will be simultaneous with the uploading of the videos, with only one vote per FB account.
JUDGING OF ENTRIES
Public votes (most number of likes) will determine the Top 10, which will be announced on October 17, 2011. On the next round of competition, it’s all back to zero for the finalists as the Sony Regional judging panel will select the Top 3 in the whole country based on the following criteria: 1) Quality of performance, 2) Style and creativity, and Overall entertainment factor. The first place winner will advance to the regional competition and perform against the winners from other countries at the SONY Yearend party in Singapore this December 2011.
Best performance per Road Show: USD100
Best dressed act: USD50
Plus cool prizes when you visit the booth area.
Philippines (For title of “Country Winner”)
1) First place (Solo,duo or band): USD2000 in cash, VAIO E-Series, Cybershot DSC-WX7, Musician Recorder PCM-M10, MicroVault tiny 16 GB, Sony Ericson Xperia Arc and an all-expense paid trip to Singapore to attend the exclusive Sony Year-End Party.
2) Second place: USD1000 in cash.
3) Third place: USD500 in cash.
Should the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd placed winner(s) come from a school roadshow recording, SONY will also reward a cash prize to the school where the Top 3 winners first performed and joined in the contest.
1st Prize 2nd Prize 3rd Prize
School | USD 2,000 | USD 1000 | USD 500
Contestant | USD 2,000 | USD 1000 | USD 500
Region (For title of “Regional Winner”)
1) First place: US $5,000 in cash
2) Second place: US $2,000 in cash
3) Third place: US $1,000 in cash
4) Consolation prize: US $500 in cash
For more info please contact VFactor at 0915-7734377 / 0917-8444403
See more details at www.sony.com.ph/likemusic