Contemporary Christian alternative band KALIGTA recently signed an exclusive recording contract with Ivory Music & Video, the exclusive licensee and distributor of Sony Music Products in the Philippines. Shown during the contract signing are (from l-r): Anna Paloma, Ivory Music Senior A&R; Jon Daza, Ivory Music A&R Manager; John Michael Dinno, drummer; Mr. Steven Tan, Ivory Music Managing Director; Arnold Artita, lead guitarist; Michael Artita, vocalist and main songwriter; and Mario Joson, the band’s manager. Not in photo is bassist Sherman Tupas who’s currently on vacation abroad.
Kaligta’s self-titled album is scheduled to be released in June. It includes the band’s original compositions and covers of contemporary Christian classics such as Michael W. Smith’s “I Will Be Here For You” which is going to be the album’s carrier track.
British-Norwegian group A1 is expected to churn out their familiar tunes at their Manila concert on the evening of February 25, 2012. But one thing their Pinoy fans should look forward to is their new, exciting rendition of their smash hit “Like A Rose,” which arguably is their biggest song in the ears of fans this side of the globe.
Member Ben Adams who wrote “Like A Rose” is thrilled to announce their performance of the said version. “We have just updated it for a brand new version for 2012, which was amazingly fun to do! Very excited for you all to hear it!” He recalled, “I wrote it when I was 16 years old on my old upright piano at my parents house. I haven’t told anyone this really as most people assume it’s a love song, but it was actually originally written for my mom!”
A1 started making a big splash when their first single, “Be the First to Believe,” entered the UK charts at #6 in early 1999. They had a huge amount of success worldwide with two #1s and eighty top 10 hits. Some of their other hits are “Take On Me”, “Ready or Not / Everytime”, “Same Old Brand New You”, “Caught in the Middle” and “Make It Good”.
Grab a copy of the greatest hits of A1, available in music stores nationwide, for only Php430, only from Ivory Music & Video, the exclusive licensee of Sony Music in the Philippines.
For ticket inquiries, contact TicketNet Box Office at 911-5555 or Wilbros Live at 374-2222.
Congratulations to The Script ~ Monster Radio RX93.1‘s Band Of The Year! Their song “Nothing” also took the 2nd spot at @RX931’s Year-end Chart along w/ “Science and Faith” #18 & “If You Ever Come Back” #38.
Here’s the full list of RX 93.1 Yearend Countdown announced last December 31, 2011.
1. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon Five feat Christina Aguilera 2. Nothing – The Script
3. Hey Daydreamer – Somedaydream
4. Jet Lag – Simple Plan feat Natasha Bedingfield
5. It Will Rain – Bruno Mars
6. Lighters – Bad Meets Evil feat Bruno Mars
7. Rolling in the Deep – Adele 8. F***in Perfect – P!nk
9. Sparks Fly – Taylor Swift 10. Falling Stars – David Archuleta
11. The One That Got Away – Katy Perry 12. Next to You – Chris Brown Ft. Justin Bieber
13. Domino – Jessie J
14. Ako Na Lang – Zia 15. Elevator – David Archuleta
16. California King Bed – Rihanna
17. Someone Like You – Adele 18. Science and Faith – The Script
19. If I Die Young – The Band Perry
20. Marry You – Bruno Mars
21. Jar of Hearts – Christina Perri
22. Delivery Boys – Somedaydream 23. Wish You Were Here – Avril Lavigne
24. Alligator Sky – Owl City 25. Mr. Know It All – Kelly Clarkson
26. Firework – Katy Perry
27. Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine
28. Grenade – Bruno Mars 29. Everything and More – David Archuleta
30. Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
31. Last Friday Night – Katy Perry
32. Iridescent – Linkin Park
33. Rocketeer – Far East Movement feat. Ryan Tedder
34. Fly – Nicki Minaj feat. Rihanna
35. Back To December – Taylor Swift
36. Price Tag – Jessie J feat. B.o.B.
37. Love You Like A Love Song – Selena Gomez & The Scene 38. If You Ever Came Back – The Script
39. E.T. – Katy Perry feat. Kanye West 40. Sleep Walker – Adam Lambert
Band of the Year – The Script
OPM Artist of the Year – Somedaydream
Male Artist of the Year – Bruno Mars
New Artist of the Year – Bad Meets Evil
Female Artist of the Year – Adele
Pop Artist of the Year – Katy Perry
RnB Artist of the Year – Chris Brown
Grab a copy of The Script’s all-hit album “Science & Faith” – in stores now. To download the FREE ringback of ‘Nothing’ text SF101 to 2332 (globe) text SCRIPT1 to 2728 (smart) text 5482612 to 2300 (sun P5). Get it now!
Here’s the latest music video from David Archuleta ~ “Wait,” the new single from ‘The Other Side Of Down: Asian Tour Edition’ album. The video was premiered on Christmas Day by Channel [V] and last Dec 28, David celebrated his 21st Birthday. Check out more details about this new video at his official website www.davidarchuleta.com and tune in on MYX Philippines for it’s airing this week.
David recently announced that he will be going on a 2-year mission for the Mormon Church.