GLEE: THE MUSIC, THE CHRISTMAS ALBUM, VOLUME 2 FEATURES TEN HOLIDAY CLASSICS AND TWO NEW ORIGINAL TRACKS
(New York, NY; Columbia Records; October 25, 2011) – Just in time for the holidays, Glee brings joy to the world with the release of Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2, available in November 15 (US) and end of November (PH). The Glee holiday cheer is spread with the cast’s own festive renditions of such Christmas staples as “Little Drummer Boy”, “Let It Snow” and “All I Want For Christmas Is You”. Especially poignant is the Glee cast’s interpretation of Band Aid’s 1984 hit “Do They Know Its Christmas?,” which raised money to benefit famine relief in Ethiopia and sold 1 million copies in it’s first week. New cast members, Lindsay Pearce, Alex Newell, and Damian McGinty, from the wildly popular show The Glee Project are featured on “Do You Hear What I Hear?” and “Blue Christmas”, along with fellow discovery Samuel Larson accompanying the Glee cast on “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town”. Among the 12 tracks on Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2 are two original songs “Extraordinary Merry Christmas” and “Christmas Eve With You”, both written by Adam Anders, Peer Astrom and Shelly Peiken (see full track listing below). Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2 is available today for pre-order on iTunes.
Standout tracks thus far from Glee’s season 3, Tom Jones’ “It’s Not Unusual”, “Somewhere” (from the musical West Side Story), The Go-Go’s “We Got The Beat” and “You Can’t Stop The Beat” (from the musical Hairspray), have added to Glee’s ground breaking record for the most charted songs by a single act in the Billboard Hot 100 chart history. It’s evident why Rolling Stone proclaims the highly anticipated third season is “off to a strong start.”
To date over 35 million Glee songs have been digitally downloaded, with over 11 million albums sold worldwide. Glee scored three consecutive #1 releases with Glee: The Music, Volume 3 Showstoppers, Glee: The Music, The Power of Madonna and Glee: The Music, Journey To Regionals. The RIAA has certified Glee: The Music, Volume 1 and Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Platinum (sales in excess of 1 million units) as well as Glee: The Music, Volume 2, Glee: The Music, Volume 3 and Glee: The Music, Volume 4 Gold (sales in excess of 500,000 units).
Glee will return with new episodes on November 1 at 8PM ET/PT on Fox.
The full track listing for “Glee: The Music, The Christmas Album Volume 2” is as follows:
1. All I Want For Christmas Is You Featuring Amber Riley (Mercedes)
2. Extraordinary Merry Christmas Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Lea Michele (Rachel)
3. Santa Baby Featuring Naya Rivera (Santana)
4. Christmas Eve With You Featuring Jayma Mays (Emma) and Mathew Morrison (Will)
5. Little Drummer Boy Featuring Kevin McHale (Artie)
6. River Featuring Lea Michele (Rachel)
7. Do You Hear What I Hear? Featuring Lindsay Pearce (Glee Project) and Alex Newell (Glee Project)
8. Let It Snow Featuring Darren Criss (Blaine) and Chris Colfer (Kurt)
9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town Featuring Mark Sailing (Puck), Cory Monteith (Finn) and Samuel Larsen (Glee Project)
10. Christmas Wrapping Featuring Heather Morris (Brittany)
11. Blue Christmas Featuring Damian McGinty (Rory)
12. Do They Know It’s Christmas Featuring Cory Monteith (Finn), Amber Riley (Mercedes), Lea Michele (Rachel), Chris Colfer (Kurt), Kevin McHale (Artie), Heather Morris (Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina), Naya Rivera (Santana)